Saturday, September 27, 2008

Barack Obama and the victim mentality

I caught part of Barack Obama's rally speech this afternoon in North Carolina. I have about all the reason anyone would need to smack this man in the mouth, but the tripe that came spewing from his lips today made my blood boil.

I'd like to offer a clue to Barack Obama, George Bush, Hank Paulson and the Democrats in congress--PEOPLE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS. Got that? Let me help you to reinforce it by repeating it. PEOPLE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS!

GOD I'm sick of listening to the Democrats making everyone a victim. Today Obama called for the bailout fiasco that Congress is working on to "help keep innocent Americans in their homes".

That kind of crap makes me puke. Let's start by saying that Barry and the Dems aren't doing a damned thing to keep me in MY home, but they're going to spend MY MONEY to help a bunch of careless idiots keep homes they overextended themselves for? What, they couldn't READ? They didn't understand that if they borrowed $200,000 they were required to pay it back with interest or they'd lose the house they don't actually own until it's paid for?

Let's get something straight--there are people in this world who will take advantage of other people if they can get away with it. Those people should be prosecuted for fraud if they're caught doing such things. CONDUCTING THE BUSINESS OF SELLING AND FINANCING REAL ESTATE HASN'T BEEN CRIMINALIZED YET, and to my knowlege there's no likelihood that it will be. The fact is these people went willingly into mortgages they could not afford and it isn't MY responsibility to pay for THEIR mistake. I'm all for helping my neighbor when things beyond his control affect him...but I'm not even remotely interested in protecting people from their own stupidity and carelessness.

THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT VICTIMS. Neither are the fat cats who profited from the ballooning of the markets and are now suffering losses since those cash cows have come suddenly crashing to Earth. NONE OF THEM DESERVE TO BE BAILED OUT and I'll be damned if I'm going to have Barack Obama telling me how important it is that the government help these "poor victims". Give me a break.

Tell me truly, is THIS the world you want to live in? And if it is, what the Hell are you thinking? I pay my rent every month and the only person who helps me with it is ME. I rent a home I can afford, and I work a job that covers that expense. If the government wants to make payments to people to help keep them in their homes, I'll be happy to provide them with my mailing address. They can send a check to me. But I'm not a victim, any more than the others who will be reaping the reward of a government handout simply because they were too stupid to buy according to their ability to earn and pay.

The only victims here are the innocent taxpayers who are being duped by all involved in this EPIC federal scam. Barack Obama, Congress, George Bush and the asses who got us into this mess--the ones on MAIN STREET, not Wall Street--should all be ashamed of this joke they're perpetrating on America. Every single one of you.

No comments: